At the very core of the new “Folkwang Graduate Programme Design” is the student’s own development project. Those interested in applying for the graduate course will submit a synopsis explaining their personal development ambition to the Faculty for Design. Students will be assigned a mentor depending on their development projects.
The submitted development project will be expanded on during the course of study and will culminate in a thesis. The development of the project will be supported by three main influences:
– Work in a topically related studio
– Intermediation of media, methods and theories
– Activities of the Heterotopia Institute for Transdisciplinary Design
The study course consists of four core modules:
– The artistic development project
– the Entrée
– the institute
– and compulsory elective studies
The PDF below offers an explanation of the course structure and module content, and also includes a sample study plan.